We may be a HR Company but we’re passionate about getting the right staff for our clients. We help with every stage of the recruitment process from deciding the kind of role and person you need, to advertising, to shortlisting, to interviewing and beyond.
These are some of the vacancies we’re currently recruiting for – if you’re interested or know someone who might be, please let us know!
Scrum Master (salary £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience) is needed to join a highly innovative technology company working in the pet industry. Based in an attractive location just outside Cambridge, the Company has an informal and positive company culture and is at the forefront of new developments in petcare.
The Company requires a Scrum Master to join their team near Cambridge. You will be responsible for running software development projects (mobile applications and web) according to Agile methodology, acting as facilitator and communicator between the software development team and other departments.
Other key tasks and responsibilities of the successful Scrum Master include:-
- Facilitate all scrum related activities including sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, sprint retrospective, and product demos;
- Facilitate release planning;
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure backlog is ready for refinement ceremonies;
- Enforce framework guidelines as appropriate;
- Ensure scrum teams are able to meet sprint commitments by helping them keep each other accountable and by removing road blocks;
- Assist teams in establishing and honouring commitments;
- Help with user stories, tasks definition and tickets creation
- Ensure transparency through reporting metrics, escalating impediments as appropriate, and helping teams visualise planned and unplanned work.
The successful Scrum Master must understand fundamentals of iterative development, software development processes and procedures and the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team. Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices as well as experience of building relationships of trust across the business are must haves.
You must have the following attributes:
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Strong leadership and organisation skills
- Excellent communication, and people and team building skills
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated and keen to learn with an ability to pick up and adapt to new technologies with a positive attitude towards continual improvement
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflict, facilitating discussion and encouraging alternative approaches
- Adept at breaking down barriers for a team, planning at a higher level and getting into detail as required
This role is less about technical certification and more about having the right attitude and approach. It is open to both experienced candidates and those just embarking on their career as a Scrum Master. Training and support will be available and the Scrum Master will have the opportunity to grow and develop their overall skills within a busy and rapidly developing team.
If you are interested in this Scrum Master role and feel you meet the requirements above, please apply today, our client is keen to meet you!
Please include a cover letter that answers two questions: what behaviours and attitudes would the worst Scrum Master display in their role and secondly, as a Scrum Master in a new company, what is the most important thing to start with and why?