So just why would you want to join us?
Well, we are an award-winning business so that’s always a good place to start! We love our clients and luckily enough, our clients love us back!
What can we offer you?
We are a small business, we’re not going to lie. If you want to work in a big business and enjoy all the benefits that can bring then we’re not the place for you. However, if you are strongly motivated by the ability to make a difference and to go home after work knowing what a positive impact you’ve had or how you’ve helped someone in a difficult situation, read on.
If you are the kind of person who wants to get their sleeves rolled up and get stuck in, we want you. If you are willing to show initiative, are not afraid of making a mistake, are willing and ready to learn and are truly interested in people and what makes them tick, we want you!
The successful candidate will proactively offer confidential HR advice and front-line support working with a wide variety of our clients. This role brings the opportunity to increase your hands-on experience in HR in a small business environment:
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of clients, advising and guiding them on HR issues such as sickness absence, disciplinary matters, redundancies, grievances, leave entitlements, etc;
- Building rapport with new and existing clients, to ensure there is trust and confidence in dealing with highly confidential matters;
- Proactively contacting clients regularly to follow up on issues and identify any upcoming concerns that may need to be addressed;
- Attending client offices from time to time to support them with face to face meetings such as hearings, consultation meetings and so on;
- Creating, amending and updating contracts of employment and staff handbooks, drafting policies and procedures when necessary;
- Producing meeting summaries and following up on agreed actions;
- Provide administration support for Consultants by drafting highly confidential correspondence such as invitations to hearings, redundancy consultations etc;
- Stay up to date of employment law, statutory entitlements and processes to share with the team and to advise clients;
- Handling personal and highly confidential information.
- Regular use of online HR administration system to include:
- Liaising with the service provider;
- Setting up new clients on the system and gathering relevant information;
- Updating employee records;
- Issuing documentation to individual employees via the online system;
- Running reports as required;
- Advising clients on how to use the system;
- Setting up new employees for clients, uploading recruitment documents, offers of employment etc;
- Oversee, manage and update client records for holiday and sickness absences;
- Keeping up to date with system developments and attend online training sessions as well as passing on updates to clients.
Recruitment Support – provide support with client recruitment campaigns including:
- acknowledging receipt of applications;
- dealing with queries;
- filtering applications against specified criteria;
- sending rejection emails;
- making interview arrangements;
- following up on applications;
- checking references.
You must also have the following attributes:
- Excellent customer service skills, good telephone manner and communication skills.
- Be able to manage personal and highly confidential information.
- Be computer literate, able to use Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint and good typing speeds.
- Enjoy working with people and able to work under pressure at times.
- Focused and tenacious be able to work on own initiative as well as continuing to develop skills and knowledge.
The HR Advisor is a busy role requiring the successful candidate to be a good team player, have flexibility and successfully multi task. This is a full-time role Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm based in Peterborough.
A full job description can be found here
If you are looking for your next role in HR, we would love to hear from you so please complete the form below