Why do I need it?
The clue’s in the name. These are the absolute basics you must have by law in order to employ people. Oh and payroll of course, unless you can persuade people to work for you for free!
What will I get?
- A permanent contract template;
- A straightforward disciplinary process for when anyone steps out of line;
- An easy to follow grievance process for when the employees want to complain about something;
- A holiday process because yes, you have to allow your employees to take time off. We know. We’re not happy about it either;
- A sickness procedure – what your employees need to do when they call in sick and some useful info about Statutory Sick Pay;
- A Bullying and Harassment policy – not how to do it but exactly the opposite. How not to do it – essential for any business to avoid costly awards at Employment Tribunal;
- An Equal Opportunities policy – making sure you outline your approach to providing equal opportunities for all employees. An absolute must have considering that successful discrimination claims at Employment Tribunal attract uncapped awards;
- An Anti-Bribery policy – required as part of the Anti-Bribery Act. No brown envelopes here;
- Some general guidance notes on how to use and introduce HR documentation into your business.
What else do I need to know?
All documents are supplied as templates which will need to be amended to suit the specific needs of your business. Ask us if you need further guidance.
Once you’ve placed an order with us, we’ll add your contact details to our mailing list. We hate spam as much as you do so we promise to only send you HR news and updates. We can’t promise it will always be exciting or sexy but it will help to keep you on the right track. You can even opt out if you really want to.
What our customers say:
“The start-up package, which included staff contracts, offer letters and guidelines and policies, were tailored to us, which was incredibly important. Experienced staff have themselves praised the handbook, saying how excellent and thorough it is, particularly in comparison to other places they have worked. I very highly recommend Keeping HR Simple.”
“Thanks very much for your help and support in updating our staff handbook. As a small charity it can be very difficult to keep up to date with changes in the law and current procedures, so your services have been extremely appreciated by all staff and executive members at PREC.”
Racial Equality Support Officer
Professional Finish Ltd