TRAINING FOR MANAGERS
Creating the Dream Team – Helping your Managers to manage more effectively
The most valuable resource you have in your business is your employees. In order to get the best from them, they need effective and confident Managers to work with.
Approximately 60% of people who leave their jobs do not leave because they have fallen out of love with the job or even the company. They leave because of their Managers. Sometimes it’s down to a clash of personalities but it can be down to how the Manager has behaved towards and treated the employee.
Managers are not born good managers. They have to be trained, supported and guided to become good managers of people and in turn to develop and train the managers of the future.
This is where Keeping HR Simple come in. Our training programme is made up of eight modules and is designed to support your Managers in creating and maintaining a well-managed and effective workplace.
Each module is delivered via Zoom and is designed to last around an hour, making them ideal to fit in with a busy working day. They are guaranteed to deliver powerful outcomes for your business.
This is ideal for first time Managers or Supervisors who want to develop their people management skills. They’ll want to understand how best to deal with the hands on side of running a team and get the most from the team they manage. The sessions are usually delivered in groups to maximise participant contribution and sharing of ideas and experiences.
Each module is broken down into sessions which emphasise practical training to improve managers’ abilities, build their confidence and give them the skills they need to become more effective managers.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Contact us for more information or to make a booking
The role of a good Manager
Explanation and overview of the responsibilities of a Manager. Introduction to topics covering different elements of what it means to be a good Manager
- Benefits of communicating
- Communication techniques and methods (face to face, phone, email etc)
- Adapting communications to individuals
- Setting up for dealing with potentially difficult conversations
Running meetings effectively and efficiently
- Purpose of meetings
- Delegating key tasks
- Keeping on topic
- Ensuring actions and deadlines are noted and recorded
Recruiting well – when and how to find great people
- Identify need for new roles/people
- How to write an effective job description
- Selecting the best candidates with suitable skills/experience
- Interview preparation and techniques
The Golden period – setting new starters up to succeed
- Preparing for induction of a new member of the team
- Identifying training needs
- Helping people to settle in
- Reviewing performance and giving effective feedback
Setting effective goals and objectives
- Understanding the point of goals and objectives
- Setting SMART goals
- Following up and monitoring
Praising and rewarding staff
- Recognising where praise is due and how to deliver it
- Rewarding “above and beyond” behaviour or performance
- Identifying what’s important to each person in the team
- Treating people as individuals
- Different motivational techniques
Dealing with issues
- Importance of prompt action
- Face to face conversations
- Identifying issues and recording discussions
- When and how to escalate to a formal process
Dealing with sickness absence
- Why it’s important to monitor and manage absence
- Steps involved including return to work and welfare meetings
- Formal processes
Managing a formal disciplinary process
- Considering disciplinary action
- Step by step procedure and possible outcomes
Preparing for and delivering appraisals that count
- The purpose of appraisals
- How to prepare for and deliver an effective appraisal
- The importance of following up
- Wrap up question and answer session